BISMILLAHIR RAHMANIR RAHEEM
Exclusive praises and thanks are due to Allah, the Most Compassionate and Merciful for guiding our hearts towards embracing Islam, the Path of complete guidance and bliss. The peace and salutations of Allah be upon our Noble Muhammad Musthapha, the unfading light of guidance who was raised by Allah from a distant horizon but still remain the unfailing means of guidance to entire humanity, his household and companions should be included and thus be extended until the day of certainty.
Respected reader! Allah be pleased with you. We are going to discuss the ‘Pillars’ of Salat. It’s undoubtedly vivid that for every firm and strong building there are pillars supporting it. Salat is not an exception in this regard, it is therefore imperative that you stay with us in order to understand the pillars of your Salat so as to make your Salat firm and accepted. It is, in fact, necessary to know these pillars because if one or more of the pillars is ignored in Salat out of negligence, forgetfulness and or otherwise by ignorance the Salat is considered nullified and unacceptable, Astagfirullah!
The Pillars of Salat
1. Standing with ableness in compulsory Salat
3.Reciting the chapter Fatiha
4.Bending (Rukuu) in every cycle
5. Rising from the bending (Rukuu)
6. Standing up-right after rising from every bending (Rukuu)
7.Prostrating (Sujuud) on seven organs (forehead. nose, two palms, two knees, and toes)
8. Sitting between the two prostrations (sitting every two Raka’ats)
9.The last Tashahhud (Reciting of Tahiya)
10. Sitting for the purpose of Tashahhud
11.Reciting the Satal al-Sharifa
12.The first Salam (Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi)
13. Standing firm and concentrating throughout the Salat
14. Sequencing the various Pillars of Salat.
These are the Pillars of Salat, that which a Salat is considered deficient and acceptable without! Allah guide our Salat, Amin
The Compulsories of Salat
Respected one! Unlike the Pillars of Salat, the compulsories of Salat are the second category of the Pillars; thus, if two or more of these compulsories are ignored in Salat out of negligence the Salat can be corrected using Sujuud of negligence, but if however one or more is ignored deliberately, the Salat is nullified and no Sujuud can abate it.
The compulsories are Eight (8) in number:
1. All the Takbeer in the Salat except the expositional Takbeer (Takbeerat al-Ihram)
2. The saying of; ‘Sami’allahu liman hamida’ by the Imam and a single person
3. The saying of; ‘Rabbana wa lakal hamdu’ by the followers (those praying behind an Imam) and a single person.
4. The saying of; ‘Subhana Rabiyal Azeem’ three times in bending position (Rukuu).
5. The saying of; ‘Subhana Rabiyal A’ala’ three times in prostrating (Sujuud)
6. The saying of; ‘Rabbi Igfirlee’ three times between the two prostrating (Sujuud), that short sitting between the (Sujuud)
7. The first Tashahhud (Reciting of Tahiya)
8. Sitting for the final Tashahhud (Reciting of Tahiya)